1 Palette, 2 Looks: Kat Von D Fetish Eyeshadow Palette
Kat Von D Beauty eyeshadows are some of my all time favourites and never let me down when it comes to pigmentation, colours and blendability. I also love that her range is cruelty free and vegan so no furry friends are harmed for our vanity!
In this blog post I am going to share two holiday eye looks I created using the limited edition Kat Von D Beauty ‘Fetish’ Eyeshadow Palette.
This palette is so beautiful and the looks you can create with it are endless! At first glance this palette may look a little intimidating and you might think ‘there is no way I can wear these shades’ but I promise you can. The palette contains a mix of matte, metallic, glimmer and mega-glitter shades which are perfect to create natural and super glam looks.
For the purpose of this post I have created glam looks for the holiday season but this palette could create some equally beautiful, everyday looks.
When working with an eyeshadow palette I like to work with shadows in groups of 3. One shade for the crease or transition, one shade for the lid and one shade for the outer corner to add depth or to define the lower lash line. There are no rules in makeup but I just find this rule works for me when selecting what colours I want to work with and how I will place them on the eye.
Below I have included a break down of the shades used to create each eye look:
Berry Beauty and Golden Glam.
As the name suggests, this eye look (below) contains berry tones which really complement my blue eyes and make them pop.
• Transition Shade: ‘Safe Word’ is a matte dusty pink which I blended through the crease all the way up onto my brow bone.
• Crease Shade: I blended ‘Bondage’, a matte, brick red shade, through the crease to intensify the colour and also smoked it out on the lower lash line.
• Lid Shade: I then packed ‘Dominatrix’ which is a scarlet glitter, onto the centre of my lid to add shimmer and dimension.
• Inner Corner Shade: to highlight the inner corner of my eye I used a touch of ‘Deviant’ which is a metallic lavender shade.
You cannot go past a black and gold eye look (below) for the holiday season!
• Transition Shade: I applied the shade ‘Sex’ which is a matte marigold yellow as the transition shade but also took it under the lower lash line as well.
• Crease Shade: I think worked ‘Suspension’, a matte walnut brown shade through the crease and also blended it into my lower lashes.
• Lid Shade: for the finishing touch I couldn’t go past ‘Chastity’ which is a gold mega-glitter to add some sparkle to my eyes.
• Inner Corner Shade: I added a bit of ‘Submissive’ a warm, white gold mega-glitter to the inner corner for extra sparkle!
To intensify the look I added a winged liner and lots of lashes. Remember, lashes will ALWAYS take your look to the next level. For everyday I put on some mascara and I am good to go but for a bold and glam eye look you can’t forget to add lashes!
Which look is your favourite: Berry Beauty or Golden Glam?
*These products were sent to me in exchange for a review. The products have been tried, tested and all opinions expressed are honest and my own.